Your friend GiGi...

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

the Word

I love this passage:

Philippians 1: 9-11 So this is my prayer: that your love will flourish and that you will not only love much but well. Learn to love appropriately. You need to use your head and test your feelings so that your love is sincere and intelligent, not sentimental gush. Live a lover's life, circumspect and exemplary, a life Jesus will be proud of: bountiful in fruits from the soul, making Jesus Christ attractive to all, getting everyone involved in the glory and praise of God. (from the Message Bible)

I've prayed this for years for the members of our family using the NIV, but today I prayed The Message. It just seemed fitting. We are at a very hard place. My health isn't good. I'm going to write about that soon. My heart just won't seem to heal about Micah. I can't even type her name without crying. I still ache for the relationship that was broken. I miss her. I'm going to write about that soon, too.

I still haven't told anyone my blog address. I asked Jennifer Vines to help me with some blogging tips and she has agreed. We stood in Wal Mart the other day (in the "cold" section and oh it felt soooo good!) and talked and talked and realized that we could actually meet somewhere besides a retail establishment or church to see each other. Fancy that! Hopefully that will happen soon and I'll be telling all sorts of really interesting things that are happening here and I'll be dispensing lots of deep wisdom and spiritual insight. Just wait!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home